Monday, October 04, 2010

Mai Sushi

Even though Mai Sushi has graced The Village Shopping Center for years, we had never been. Nice set up with the usual list of rolls. Hubby ordered a shrimp tempura roll and a volcano roll with tuna and crab. The volcano was presented complete with flaming carrots.

I had a yellowtail roll (I really like yellowtail tuna - go figure) and a village roll consisting of shrimp tempura and spicy tuna.

What really made this place special was that some of the rolls (including my village roll) included seaweed salad in the roll instead of the ubiquitious cucumber. Loved it! I detest cucumber and I enjoy seaweed salad.

Not much of a wine selection and since it was a bit on the coolish side, we drank hot tea. But they did have sparkling sake...and next time, we will have to try it.

Mai Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments: