Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Fun with Frisee

I just had to do something else with frisee. In this case I loosely chopped up about ½ a head of the spindly stuff. I whisked up a tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and tossed with the greens and set the bowl aside. I minced up a small garlic clove and a small shallot. I added the garlic and shallot to a pot with a regular can of Cannellini beans. I turned the heat to medium; let the beans boil; turned the heat down to simmer for about 5 minutes; drained and rinsed the beans; set them aside to cool to room temperature. I chopped up one cooked Surry sausage link (available at The Fresh Market). Added the sausage to the frisee and then added the beans and tossed. We enjoyed it with a French baguette.

This spur of the moment bean salad was definitely inspired by the White Bean and Arugula Bruschetta appetizer at Enoteca Sogno. And since I had the Surry sausage on hand, it seemed like a good thing to add some smoky/meaty goodness to the dish.

No comments: