Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Buy Wine at Kroger This Week

While Kroger is not my primary place to shop for wine, I am always on the lookout for their every-so-often 15% off 6 or more bottles deal. Well, that deal is going on right now through the weekend. This is a fantastic way to stock up on everyday wine as well as wine both decent enough to drink, but cheap enough to use for cooking. Here are some of the selections that I ran across at the Willow Lawn store:

Redwood Creek Pinot Noir $6.19 – A light, but decent French Pinot. It’s a crowd pleaser and the right price to cook with.

Kenwood Sonoma County Merlot $10.39 – A yummy and inexpensive find.

Valle Escondido Gouguenheim Temperanillo $9.09 – The best Argentinean brand I’ve run across.

Montecillo Rioja Crianza $9.49 – How can you go wrong with a Rioja?

Of course, Kroger also carries pricier gems. Just remember to compare price tags. Their yellow “special” tags can be deceptive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I see you have mentioned Kroger here. I found some additional information about the company and customers’ reports on this great site www.pissedconsumer.com. It is recognized as one of the leading grocery retailers in the United States. I tried some products of the company and I liked them a lot and the price is quite moderate. If you are afraid to try something new check out the reports and then make a choice.