Saturday, July 07, 2007

Oven Roasted Corn

I purchased some ears of white corn from a vendor at the Byrd House Market last Tuesday. When I got around to preparing the corn, we had decided not to grill and I did not want to boil the corn. So, I tried oven roasting it. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees. After I cleaned the ears I placed them in a sheet of aluminum foil. I sprinkled some salt and pepper and then threw in a couple of pats of unsalted butter. I wrapped the corn up and placed them on the oven rack (make sure the foil is closed up tight enough so the butter does not drip). The corn roasted for about 30 minutes and this technique worked very well. I served the corn with London Broil that had marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme and parsley and then broiled for about 5 minutes a side.


Alas, no picture of the corn or the cooked London Broil. Suffice it to say that we enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's always the problem when you photograph food that was meant to be eaten...it does not have a very long "photo" opportunity. Either someone can't wait to eat it or it loses its "photogenic-ness". That london broil looks so promising though and I'm sure the roasted corn was delicious!

Anonymous said...

Try roasting corn in the husk at 450-500 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, peel back the husk and season to taste. This preparation method produces the juciest corn on the cob you'll ever eat!