Sunday, June 06, 2010

Lakeside Market

Last Wed. I stopped by the Lakeside Market. This one is much smaller, but I had read that the Henrico County permit had placed severe limitations on the number of vendors and the type of products that could be offered. What a shame.

In any case I did discover Greenway Beef - only $4.99 a pound for ground beef and Umami Coffee and Tea. I picked up some Cherry Rose Festival tea that sounded intriguing. A bunch of baby carrots, new white potatoes, and spring onions rounded out my purchases.

I also took a couple of photos.


While not large, some of the vendors were new to me. No matter which market it is, large or small, go out and support your local growers.

If you have any photos of local farmers markets, please add them to the Richmond Area Farmers Markets flickr pool.

1 comment:

Beth Rilee Monroe said...

I am enjoying the fresh veggies, goat cheese, beef and more bought at the Lakeside Farmer's Market this past Saturday -- and the beautiful and very inexpensive cut flowers.