Saturday, July 10, 2010

Homemade Pizza

We had pizza last night. Mmmm.

I made the crust in my bread machine using equal parts white flour, wheat flour, and semolina. The sauce was made with yellow tomatoes from Amy's Garden and garlic from Fertile Crescent Farms. The pepper was a purple one from the Chester farmer at South of the James Market. I used home grown fresh basil (what little that is still surviving this heatwave). The sausage was San Miniato from Belmont Butchery. I picked up fresh mozzarella and parmesan from J. Emerson.

Go ahead have another look -

While waiting for the dough to be ready, I enjoyed some rose from La Vielle Ferme

And sipped Saldo while eating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks very yummy
I'm learning to cook a homemade pizza, because I'm about to spend some time in short term apartments, and pizza is the best options for meals, don't you think?
great pics