Monday, August 02, 2010

Where Do You Suppose My Hubby Wanted To Go For His Birthday?

Acacia, of course. And we had to sit at the bar (not because the dining room was crowded, but because it's our favorite place to sit at Acacia). And, lucky us, our favorite bartender was there, even though he was supposed to be off.

We had to try a new craft cocktail. For hubby, a Mai Tai with three different types of rum!

For me, bourbon with plum puree and Strega.

I never tire of watching the bartenders here ply their craft. They are very knowledgeable and strive for perfection. This is an art form that stirs all of the senses. Alas, I wax poetic...

For wine, we ordered a bottle of 2008 Torbreck Woodcutter's Shiraz from Barossa Valley. Full bodied, with a touch of spice.

We shared the smoked mozzarella and heirloom tomato salad. We have had this salad before. It's good. Get it while they are still offering it.

For entrees, I had the duck breast stuffed with apple and wrapped in applewood smoked bacon and served with cheesy polenta. All good. Every time I order this dish, I rave.

Hubby ordered the sauteed flounder and he raved about it. For me, I've said it before: I am not a huge fish fan. And I never eat flounder. My better half (at least on this night!) insisted that I try it. Oh ny god!!!!! Superb! If I had known, I would have ordered the flounder. Perfectly sauteed with just a bit of crisp browning and no chewy fishiness at all. I was mightily impressed.

Since it was hubby's birthday, we had dessert. He had a grown up root beer float.

I had the almond financier with cream and cherry compote.

Yummy, yummy.

For the past few years whether it was my husband's birthday or mine or our anniversary, we have not had good luck going out to eat. We hit the jackpot this time and it was at the bar!

No comments: