Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cafe Rustica

We went back to Cafe Rustica a couple of weeks ago. It had been quite a while. Mainly because we were afraid it would be packed. But on this evening we had dinner early. And even though we had the chance to sit at a booth, we still opted for the bar.

We started with a lovely Cab Franc from Chinon.

From past visits I remembered some killer desserts. So, in hopes of a still-delicious dessert menu, I had a pork tostada appetizer.

The pork had been cooked to pull-apart tenderness. Fresh salsa-style veggies topped the pork along with  Mexican crema. Great flavor. And very filling.

Hubby ordered the seafood cakes with crab, shrimp, and scallop and served with roasted potatoes. He thought the sauce overpowered the seafood, but the cakes themselves were tasty.

Dessert, for me, did not disappoint - grilled pound cake with lemon curd, whipped cream, and fresh berries. So, so good.

Hubby had the chocolate tart with a walnut crust. He loved the chocolate, but did not like the crust. Being more of a chocolate purist, he said the walnuts distracted from the chocolate.

A home run for me in the eats department, not so much for my spouse. He is still willing to go back, he just made some poor choices for his palate this time around.


Cafe Rustica on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm so happy I saw this post! I was debating going here because I live about 5 minutes away. But the other day I walked by and the exterior seemed...um...interesting. But the food looks tasty and I'm all for trying new places since I just moved here.

~Sheila
fdcooking.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

We went here for the first time today (brunch) and I was having a very difficult time deciding what to order. Your post was enjoyable to read about items that I had considered and missed out on. Loved your pictures too! We had a wonderful brunch - service and food - and look forward to a return trip at some point.