Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kitchen Renovation Saga Part 11 - A Kick-Ass Stove

At last, after years of waiting, I finally have the stove! A Wolf 6 burner all gas baby. It's beautiful! I am overjoyed that I can now bring a large pot of water to a roiling boil and that I can truly simmer. I'm still working out the oven features with the convection piece, but I'll figure it out. And since the stove and hood were installed we were able to complete the cabinet installation.


We also purchased a kitchen island with a decent work space area and a good amount of storage. Yeah!

9 comments:

Bookstore Piet said...

I am now suffering from stove envy... :(

Hey, did your employee ever give you the gift certificate I dropped off?

pjpink said...

Hey Piet - Thanks for the comment. As for the gift certificate...I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Bookstore Piet said...

That's too funny. Julia at River City Cellars must be wondering why I left a gift certificate for two at Northside Grille....

pjpink said...

Darn! I would have enjoyed the gift certificate. Oh well, Julia is still deserving of a gift.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! So is the kitchen nearly complete now? We will definitely need to have each other over for dinner soon.... if my schedule ever calms down!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the stove. It looks wonderful. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

I am green with envy! I have the wolf 4-burner one because I couldn't get anything bigger without tearing up my countertops.
Your gonna love it! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Brenda & I are thinking of buying a new (or scratch & dent) stove with a convection oven. We have friends who have them, but their baking skill are truly minimal (sorry guys, but your piecrusts are as heavy as lead and your whole wheat flour is rancid).

Do you have any advice re: convection ovens.. ie what to avoid.. what they don't do.. or do you know of good source material on this..

pjpink said...

tbsamsel - My baking skills tend towards the sucky end of the spectrum as well. But I have heard that convection may not be a true baker's friend if you want something to rise. The Wolf allows you the choice of using convection or not. Cosby Appliance (where I purchased mine) occasionally has demo sales.