Monday, June 06, 2011

And yet another delightful dinner at Tastebuds American Bistro

For all of you who enjoy Enoteca Sogno: since you are now travelling to the Northside, I encourage you to vary your dining pattern just a wee bit and alternate between Enoteca and Tastebuds American Bistro. Both are fabulous. I've eaten at Enoteca twice now and have been immensely pleased. But I love going to Tastebuds as well.

Tastebuds American Bistro was where we dined on Saturday night with some friends of ours. We have probably dined with friends and family more at Tastebuds than anywhere else in Richmond. They offer a wide variety of dishes of varying sizes and when one member of our party only wants dessert while the rest of us enjoy salads and entrees, these guys happily oblige. We enjoy the atmosphere and they are still the most reasonably priced place in Richmond for inventive, imaginative dishes.

DSC_0280


I'll get off of my soapbox now and show you what we had.

Of course we had wine - a St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 from Sonoma for $30. No wine is priced over $35 and while the wine list is small, they feature some yummy selections.

DSC_0290


We then ordered salads: Spinach, Shaved Red Onion, Goat Cheese Crumble & Lemon-Parsley Dressing ($4.50) and Romaine with Cucumbers, Tomatoes & Onions in an Olive Vinaigrette with Feta Crumble ($4.50).  I adore the spinach with an incredibly creamy goat cheese and onion that is pickled. Lots of subtle flavors melding together perfectly. The guys enjoyed the veggies and strong cheese for the romaine-based salad.

Entrees consisted of Sliced Sirloin with Hand Cut Potato Crisps, Grilled Asparagus and Charred Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese and Cabernet Reduction ($16.50)

DSC_0288


Pan Roasted Salmon Au Poivre, with Fried Yukon Gold Potatoes, Shaved Fennel Salad and Cool Lemon Crema ($16.00)

DSC_0285


and Pork Adobo Taco with Mole Sauce and Corn and Black Bean Salad ($6.50) from the Small Plate selections

DSC_0289


Yummy!

For dessert was a chocolate covered ganache cake concoction with espresso ice cream

DSC_0284


A great evening with friends. Consider taking your friends and yourself to Tastebuds American Bistro!

2 comments:

Madelaine said...

I've gone to Tastebuds a few times now, and always want to go back immediately. Great recommendation!

Sheila said...

As usual, I have to comment on your Tastebuds post because I seriously love this place. I think you suggested it to me when I first moved to RVA, actually. Changed. My. Life. ~Sheila