Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jason's Deli

As most of you know, I do not patronize chain restaurants most of the time, but last week my hubby and I were out holiday shopping and wanted something relatively fast for lunch. So, we went to Jason's Deli for a quick bite since they were in the neighborhood.


My spouse ordered:

MeataBalla Po’boy 6.59
meatballs, Jason’s own italian red sauce, provolone.



I ordered:


Pot Roast Melt 6.59
juicy pot roast, provolone and smoked
red pepper-cilantro aioli.


And you know what? Both were very good. The pot roast really did taste like slow cooked beef. There was so much meat stuffed into the sub roll that I took half of it home to have for lunch the next day. Jason's Deli does not use MSG and they have eliminated high fructose corn syrup from the menu items. Currently, they are letting patrons vote about eliminating sodas containing high fructose corn syrup and replacing them with sodas containing cane sugar.

If you must choose a chain, Jason's Deli is more than decent.

No comments: