Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Glorious Cheese Shop Sandwiches

Once a year I make an annual pilgrimage to Williamsburg either right before or right after Christmas. I briefly stop at the Prime Outlets and spend no more than an hour and a half (I am not a fashionista). I then motor around to see what has changed. This year La Tienda opened up a retail shop. I then head over to Merchants Square for lunch at The Cheese Shop.




Such heavenly sandwiches! My all time favorite is smoked turkey on wheat with extra house dressing. So yummy...


It deserves a close up. Did I mention how yummy this was??


And because the rest of the day I roam around Colonial Williamsburg, I also purchase a 1/2 bottle of 2003 Chateauneuf du Pape.

Such exquisite heaven.

Of course, they also carry cheese and other gourmet delicacies. Don't forget to check out the wine shop in the basement. They always have a red and a white open for sampling.

In the evening my hubby and I eat dinner in the 'burg before returning home.

Cheese Shop on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Whenever I visit the outlet mall in Williamsburg, I always stop by the Cheese Shop too. My favorite is the chicken salad on French with sprouts, cheddar, and their dressing. Makes me hungry just thinking about it...