Sunday, June 14, 2009

River City Supper Club #4 - A Drug Dose

On Friday, I renewed my addiction to Tarrant's Cafe and the other members of our club began their induction into intoxication. I rediscovered or learned quite a few things that evening:

  • Never work out so hard the morning of Supper Club that you throw your back out and miss the food drugs altogether (sorry G, better luck next time).
  • Tarrant's menu is incredibly varied and mouth-watering. Everyone in our party changed his/her mind 5 times before we ordered (and not because the wait staff was slow - Julia took care great of us).
  • The garlic knots are still to-die-for (everyone had this opinion except my hubby who is so very picky about bread - this is one of his few flaws).
  • All entrees come with soup or salad; a vanishing practice in this day and age.
  • Whitehall Lane Vineyards Napa produces an incredibly delicious Sauvignon Blanc and Tarrant's carries it at a very decent price.
  • Tarrant's continues to carry Jean-Luc Colombo Cotes du Rhone Les Abeilles Rouge at a tasty price and continues to feature a special wine (Ravenswood Petite Syrah on this night) not on the regular wine list.
  • I confirmed with Julia - our lovely, beaming waitress - that screwcap wines are much harder to open that those with a regular cork.
  • The fish entrees were particularly good and the side of barely basil risotto was a bit of creamy ecstasy.
  • Alas, the bread pudding has coconut in it, much to my dismay since I absolutely detest the stuff (but to the future delight of G. since he received the the dish via carryout box).
  • And I am hopelessly inept at remembering to carry my camera along to the restaurant to document our wonderful experience.

Tarant's - still our drug of choice.

No comments: