Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sacred Stone


In these uncertain economic times being a regular wine consumer can be a bit tough. Great wines, familiar wines call out to us. Alas, the price point may make us walk away with sad longing. I am ever grateful at the abundance of free wine tastings that our area offers so I can make the right choices when forking over dollars.


Last month I discovered Sacred Stone Master's Red Blend Cask #004. Pietra Santa Winery makes this little red gem using a blend of Merlot, Sangiovese, Zinfandel, and Dolcetto. How unusual and how tasty. The wine is hearty and fruity with a touch of acidity. And Kroger is carrying it for ~$9 a bottle.


This week my hubby and I have remained at home eating leftovers or throwing together meals from almost forgotten items in the pantry and refrigerator. This wine has been a highlight of the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am ever grateful at the dearth of free wine tastings that our area offers so I can make the right choices when forking over dollars."

Um...is that really what you meant to say? It seems to me that we have an abundance of free wine tastings in the Richmond area.

pjpink said...

Dear Anonymous - You are ever so correct. Thank you for the feedback. I have changed the wording.

Anonymous said...

I always believed that wines are a gift from God!

Midlo Mom said...

Thanks for the tip! I am heading off to Kroger this afternoon!

Ching Hermosa said...

Hi! I noticed that my website isn't appearing well just in case you want to read what I think about food being the food buff that I also am. Cheers!

pjpink said...

Ching - who are you and where are you from? What is your site? Generally, other bloggers have requested that I list them on my site. Let me klnow your intentions.