Tuesday, December 02, 2008

2006 Ermitage du Pic Saint Loup, Coteaux du Languedoc

Let me repeat: 2006 Ermitage du Pic Saint Loup, Coteaux du Languedoc. I tasted this wine back in August at one of J. Emerson's monthly tastings. I bought a bottle and put it on my wine rack. A couple of weeks ago we finally opened the bottle and were thrilled! Dark fruit, but not jammy. Full bodied, but not barnyardy. A veritable delight at $17.95 per bottle. And the last time I went into J. Emerson, I purchased the last two on the shelf.

I hope they acquire some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got smell of red fruit - cherry, berry, raspberry, with some herbal notes and a hint of burnt sugar. Also notes of citrus and grapefruit came out over the night. On the palate, this light bodied wine was tart with some under ripe berries.

pjpink said...

I bow to your palate! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.