Monday, November 17, 2008

I Know Chipotle's a Chain...

...but it's so damn good!

My hubby and I walk in for lunch and decide to split a Burrito Bowl (less messy option by far). My absolute favorite combination is:

Rice
Pinto Beans
Carnitas (fabulous braised pork)
Sauteed Peppers and Onions
Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa
Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa
Cheese

Add an order of Chips and split an Iced Tea. Total: $9.60. Satisfying and extremely yummy to boot.

Chipotle. Being a chain is not always bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I find Chipotle much better than say "Mexico" or "Casa Grande." The only improvement I could think of, would be to make their tortillas fresh. But the ingredients are tasty, consistent and simply prepared. Who cares how many stores they have

Janet said...

I love Chipotle also. But I get a burrito because I love the messiness of it. I generally get them to cut it in half and have it for lunch over a course of two days. I usually get rice, black beans, pork, cheese, sour cream and the green salsa. They also have killer guacamole and sometimes get the veggie burrito with black beans and guac.

Anonymous said...

Chipotle rules!! That's our default go to place when we don't know what to eat for dinner. I go through phases. For a while my thing was tacos because you can pick different meat for each taco. My phase this time is no salsa...and it's the bowl...just rice , cheese and carnitas...mmmmmmn....carnitas.

Sorin said...

Hi I am new to your blog and I just wanted to say how much I’m loving it

Leslie said...

My husband and I split meals like that from time to time...even the drink too. Glad we aren't the only ones! :)