Saturday, May 12, 2007

Drink in this Spaniard


My blogger friend Tripp turned me onto a new wine shop, Wine Lovers, way out in the Far West End. Located in the John Rolfe Commons Shopping Center at 2284 John Rolfe Parkway. They carry a decent variety of vino and have wine tastings every Thursday (I’ve signed up for their weekly email alerts). But the find of the month was a dark, delicious Spaniard – 2004 Montebuena Rioja for $7.99 a bottle. Very fruity, but with a significant amount of body that pairs well with pasta or pork/chicken with a dark, rich sauce. Of course, it’s also mighty fine by itself. Apparently, Robert Parker gave this little gem 90 points (which may or may not hold sway with any of you). Wine Lovers give a 10% case discount, so, you can purchase it for $7.19 a bottle. Just think, a tall, handsome Spaniard at a bargain price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to get my wine from Wine Lovers. Chris Anderson (not sure if he is still the proprietor) has great recommendations. And if you are a very regular customer he might sell you some of the rarer wines that he have stashed in the back room...;)
We kind of stopped going there since we've been getting more of our wine mail-order ...

pjpink said...

Veron - It's so good to hear from you again. Chris is still there and has sent me the wine tasting line up for tomorrow. Hall Vineyards. I can't wait!