Monday, November 12, 2012

Virginia Bloggers at Flames 231

Back in October I participated in a Virginia Bloggers gathering at newly opened Flames 231. I met some lovely fellow-bloggers who are just as enthusiastic about photographing food as I am. Yeah! And I also enjoyed some very yummy food from the restaurant.

Flames 231 is located in Shockoe Bottom north of Broad Street in the revitalized Richmond Cold Storage buuilding. They serve a variety of Mediterranean-influenced items, including wood-fired pizzas. For this outing I had the Jabri Hummus accompanied by wood-fired flatbread. Lots of flavor and something I would definitely order again. I also had the Pugliese Pizza with red sauce, mozzarella, oregano, and onions. A stellar pizza. Flames 231 also serves paninis, pastas, and salads. I briefly saw the wine list and there were bottles I would order. The place has a full bar as well.

I want to thank Danny Taormina (executive chef) and The Firestarter Group for hosting us!

Below are a few photos of the event.

Flames 231 and the wood for the pizza oven
Interior of Flames 231
Danny Taormina
Our lovely waitress
Virginia Boggers
Fabulous Hummus
Flatbread for Hummus
Pugliese Pizza - Yummy!

I had a great time meeting folks and eating delicious food. And I will return in the near-future with hubby.

Note: The Firestarter Group provided the hummus for the table, but all other items were purchased by individual Virginia bloggers.

No comments: