Monday, November 12, 2012

Virginia Bloggers at Flames 231

Back in October I participated in a Virginia Bloggers gathering at newly opened Flames 231. I met some lovely fellow-bloggers who are just as enthusiastic about photographing food as I am. Yeah! And I also enjoyed some very yummy food from the restaurant.

Flames 231 is located in Shockoe Bottom north of Broad Street in the revitalized Richmond Cold Storage buuilding. They serve a variety of Mediterranean-influenced items, including wood-fired pizzas. For this outing I had the Jabri Hummus accompanied by wood-fired flatbread. Lots of flavor and something I would definitely order again. I also had the Pugliese Pizza with red sauce, mozzarella, oregano, and onions. A stellar pizza. Flames 231 also serves paninis, pastas, and salads. I briefly saw the wine list and there were bottles I would order. The place has a full bar as well.

I want to thank Danny Taormina (executive chef) and The Firestarter Group for hosting us!

Below are a few photos of the event.

DSC_0265
Flames 231 and the wood for the pizza oven
DSC_0269
Interior of Flames 231
DSC_0266
Danny Taormina
DSC_0268
Our lovely waitress
DSC_0275
Virginia Boggers
DSC_0279
Fabulous Hummus
DSC_0277
Flatbread for Hummus
DSC_0283
Pugliese Pizza - Yummy!

I had a great time meeting folks and eating delicious food. And I will return in the near-future with hubby.

Note: The Firestarter Group provided the hummus for the table, but all other items were purchased by individual Virginia bloggers.

No comments: