Monday, September 15, 2008

Vietti and Benziger Will Make My Week

Two outstanding wine shops are featuring two outstanding free tastings this week.

First up is J. Emerson on Wed. Sept. 17th from 5:30-7:30 PM. The folks there are featuring one of my favorite Italian producers - Vietti.

2007 Roero Arneis
2006 Barbara d'Asti Tre Vigne
2005 Barbera d'Alba Scarrone Vigna Vecchia
2005 Nebbiolo Perbacco
2004 Barolo Castiglione
2007 Moscato d'Asti

And then on Thurs. Sept. 18th from 5:30-7:30 PM The Wine Cellar off of Midlothian Turnpike will host a special evening with Erinn Benziger of the Sonoma-based Benziger Winery.

Both promise to be extrodinary tastings. I am just so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed I can't make the Vietti tasting. I love their wines and Piemonte wines in general. If we didn't have our final puppy training class tonight I would be all over it.

Cheers
john