Saturday, September 20, 2008

Perbacco! Edible Garden Lunch

This week I learned that "Perbacco!"means "Wow!" in Italian, and I discovered lunch at Edible Garden.

Yesterday - What a perfect perbacco day. Sunny with just enough fluffy clouds that the light breeze could gently push around. I reveled in the beginning-of-Fall temperature. Friends unexpectedly asked me to lunch at Edible Garden and the gods had blessed me with free space on my calendar.

We, of course, ate outside and fraternized with a precious Chihuahua at the neighboring table. During lunch we also marveled at a hawk and a Monarch butterfly among the grounds. Alas, I had to go back to work, thus, no wine (if I have one glass, I'll inevitably want another). The lunch menu offered salads, quiche of the day, soup of the day, and sandwiches. I had decided to order the Saffron Marinated Sliced Roast Pork with an Assorted Pepper Relish, Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded Lettuce & Chipotle Aioli on a Wrap. And then I heard about the soup of the day - Potato and Arugula with Arugula Pesto. I then changed my order to the soup and 1/2 sandwich (or wrap in this case). I really enjoyed the wrap - lots of great flavors going on, but the soup was THE BEST. Perbacco!

I still have to try Edible Garden for dinner, but I'm glad I have at least been for lunch. I also need to check out the Autumn Dinner Series.

Edible Garden on Urbanspoon

No comments: