Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mmmmm...Margaritas

I enjoy margaritas. Always on the rocks. If I'm imbibing a bottom shelf bar 'rita, then I get it with salt. If the tequila is halfway decent, then no salt. I love sipping Patron Anejo, but seldom can afford it. Good tequila, to me, has a licorice/black pepper taste that is ever so smooth. My husband and I disagree on what we actually taste, but this is what I taste. Last night was margarita night and I bought a middle-of-the-road priced Sauza Gold from the ABC. I wanted to try something other than Cuervo. And the taste that I like so well came shining through in my margarita. To the tequila I added a squirt of fresh lime juice, a splash of orange liqueur, and topped it off with some El Paso Chile Company Margarita Mix.



Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: