My husband’s 18 year old niece came to visit us for a month. She resides in Tennessee and had only been to Richmond once for a few days. We wanted her to sample some of the great eats that the city offered. Here is where we took her:
· Northside Grille – down-to-earth neighborhood spot
· Tarrant’s Cafe – we love the expansion!
· Mekong – first taste of Vietnamese cuisine
· Osaka (Huguenot) – introduction to sushi and tempura
· Weezie’s Kitchen – drooled over the real mashed potatoes and roast beef sandwiches
· Can Can – great burgers, onion soup, and people watching
· Krispy Kreme – hot doughnuts now!
· Gutenberg Café – the Bottom at its best, and don’t forget the Affogato
· Kuba Kuba – an utterly delicious dive – a limeade and a café con leche were required beverages
Of course, there were tons of other restaurant candidates, but we also traveled to DC for a week and visited Mount Vernon, Williamsburg/Jamestown, and Monticello. And speaking of unique experiences, no trip would be complete without seeing a movie at The Byrd on a Saturday night!