Sunday, August 19, 2007

Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

What a fantastic weather day yesterday! The only option for dinner was to grill. After perusing epicurious.com I found a recipe for Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. Just the ticket. We grilled the steak instead of broiling. I also halved the oil and vinegar amounts (using white wine vinegar) and added three cloves of garlic. I love this sauce. It’s flavorful and fresh-tasting and really pairs well with grilled meats.

I served it with a medley of sautéed corn (from our backyard!), onion, and red bell pepper. I used olive oil for the sauté and added some ground cumin and salt. Delicious!

2 comments:

The Marinara said...

i'm a huge fan of grilled meats and chimchurri. I tend to stick with skirt steak, but Tanya at the butcher shop convinced me to use a flat iron. It worked just as well.

Do you heavily salt your beef before grilling?

pjpink said...

Hi koolz - I did not heavily salt the meat. I sprinkled a little salt and pepper and then sprinkled ground coriander and cumin.