Sunday, August 26, 2007

Zuppa

I went to dinner at Zuppa with SMO and SS last week. I had not been to this establishment since they had moved. We arrived right before the end of Happy Hour with $2 rail drinks. Unfortunately my Whiskey Sour contained about a thimbleful of whiskey and so much water that I knew it was watered down. This glass wasn’t even worth the 2 bucks!

At least dinner was yummy. We all selected the Zuppa Grilled Cheese – fresh basil pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella, dill havarti, and proscuitto served on grilled homemade bread. Pasta salad, fries, or soup accompanied the sandwich. We all choose a different soup. The bread, pesto, and fresh mozzarella were the winners for this sandwich. Very tasty. As for the soups – I ordered She-Crab which was chocked full of crab meat. SMO had the Vegetarian Black Bean. She liked this one because of the spiciness. SS experimented with one of the soups of the day – a chilled Avocado-Cucumber about which she raved. The soup and sandwich was $8 and very filling…

…but not so filling that we skipped dessert. We did skip dessert at Zuppa and headed down to Gutenberg CafĂ© for some Tiramisu and Affogato.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I love Zuppa's grilled cheese. I've told all my friends about it and now I've started telling complete strangers.

Anonymous said...

My mom and I went to Zuppa for dinner a couple of weeks ago and loved it! I also had the grilled cheese sandwich, but I had some of the pasta salad with mine and it was great!

Nic said...

The grilled cheese is good, but don't get stuck on it. Zuppa has many other equally tasty sandwiches, I love the Cuban BBQ.