Saturday, June 17, 2006

Kuba Kuba

We got take out from Kuba Kuba last night. Located in the Fan at Lombardy and Park and a staple of the community for years. I didn't feel like cooking and my spouse did not want to go out to eat. I love this hole-in-the-wall place. I walked in, put in my order, and sat on one of the counter stools and enjoyed a limeade while I waited. Kuba Kuba's limeades are more tart than the ones at Croaker's Spot. As I waited I surveyed the kitchy items on the wall and watched the laid back wait staff deftly handle more limeades, meals, and espressos. When I arrived home with the goods, we ate outside on our deck (probably one of the last times we will be able to eat outside without sweltering). Dinner was Cuban Pork sandwiches. It had been a while. Tender roast pork, thin slice of ham, melted cheese, sliced dill pickle, yellow mustard - what a great combination. And don't forget, everything is stuffed into a generous Cuban sub roll and then pressed. Panninis have nothing on this. We washed it down with a 2000 Muga Rioja Riserva. Divine. The only thing missing was the Cafe con Leche (with sweetened condensed milk) for dessert.

No comments: