Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wild Turkey

Before I hit the Bourbon Trail Wild Turkey was my bourbon of choice. Of course, I never imbibed it straight. No matter, even after my trip, I still like it for egg nog and to make vanilla-infused bourbon. Being such a Wild Turkey fan we had to visit the distillery. On this tour we got to see large vats of sour mash as well as one of the numerous rickhouses. For the tasting we could also pick our poisons. The most serendipitous image was actually seeing real wild turkeys roaming near the property (no photos, unfortunately).

Since most of the offerings, including Russell's Reserve can be purchased here in Virginia, we tasted but held off on buying.

Take a gander at some photos:

DSC_0650
Wild Turkey has a good branding presence at their distillery
DSC_0642
Rickhouses
DSC_0623
Gift shop offerings
DSC_0682
Large vats
DSC_0686
Capturing high and low wine
DSC_0711
Aging Barrels
DSC_0706
Rickhouse Interior

No comments: