Friday, August 09, 2013

The Green Fairy - I Dare You

The Green Fairy by pjpink
The Green Fairy a photo by pjpink on Flickr.

Ah Absinthe. That seducing green liqueur. I am fascinated by the myth and tales of over-indulgence unto death, even. I tackled the fairy during a soiree at my humble abode a while ago. We drank Death in the Afternoon, a simple concoction of sparkling wine and absinthe. The next day I called it Death the Next Afternoon. I may have looked a bit green even.

However, for those of you uninitiated Amuse is able to serve the green nectar to you and three friends in the proper setting with a cube of sugar and a slow drip of water via a lovely apparatus designed just for said purpose. Make sure you are either walking home, engaging a designated driver, or employing a taxi. 

Cheers!

No comments: