Here are some reasons why it should be your neighborhood restaurant if you are a Northsider and why it should be your go-to restaurant if you live elsewhere in RVA.
- If you live in or around Bellevue, you can walk!
- And you may want to walk if you enjoying imbibing beer, wine, or cocktails. There are always a few independent draft beers. While the wine list is small, no bottle is over $40 and the selection is very good. Most cocktails are $8 or under and Andrew continually comes up with weekly specials that delight. The latest was Santa's Helper with Belevedere Intense Vodka, Rhuby, muddled blackberries, and a splash of lemon. For dessert, try the Irish Coffee. It comes deconstructed so you can combine according to your preferences.
- Great Salmon! At least my hubby can attest to this. I am not a salmon fan, so I respect his opinion. While the sauce and accompaniments change up with the seasons, there is always salmon on the menu. Since we eat here at least once a month, you might think hubby would tire of the fish, but he always has the dilemma of whether to order the salmon (because it is so good) or something else.
- Duck Spring Rolls with a Pear Dipping Sauce. This is my favorite app. Yummy!
- Specials. Tastebuds features a special starter and a number of entree specials every week. Both of us are fans of the Wiener Schnitzel. Sign up for their email list or follow them on Facebook or Tumblr.
- Everyone who has eaten here with me has enjoyed it. My parents, my boss, friends, etc. Because of the consistency of the food and the variety of the food, it offers something for all tastes (even my friend who wants two desserts instead of an entree!).
- Make reservations via Open Table.
- Brunch. Earlier this year Tastebuds American Bistro began serving brunch. The Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple, Caramelized Onion, and Bacon Crepe with Ancho-Maple Syrup is freakin' awesome!
- And finally, the hospitality of Andrew and Valentina really transform this eating establishment into an inviting place to be. They know the neighborhood and greet regulars warmly. For newcomers, the gracious reception and the wonderful food have folks gushing by the end of the evening.
As usual I have a variety of photos that I hope you enjoy.
|Duck Spring Rolls|
|Prosciutto-wrapped Shrimp - Appetizer Special|
|Butter Almond Cookies and Pear Sorbet|
|Tin Barn Cab|
|Spinach and Goat Cheese Salad with Pickled Onions|
|Roasted Butternut Squash Crepe|
|A lovely place to dine.|