Saturday, March 17, 2007

What do you do with a leftover pork chop?

Last week my husband and I visited Avenue 805. I had a nice-sized pork chop and some rice leftover. Of course, I took it home. Now, what do I do with it? My solution was simple, yet delicious (in no small part due to the chef at Avenue 805!).

I diced up the pork chop into ½ inch chunks and threw the chunks back into the rice. In another bowl, I cracked two eggs, added salt, pepper, and a pinch of dried chervil, and then whisked to blend the egg mixture. In a non-stick pan, I heated a tiny amount of peanut oil over medium heat. When the oil was hot I sautéed the pork and rice. Once the pork was heated, I pushed the pork and rice to the side and added the eggs. I scrambled the eggs and then mixed everything together and served. It was very yummy.

I fixed this for lunch and had enough for both my hubby and myself. I would also prepare this for breakfast/brunch (okay, you can also eat this for dinner). Today, I only had two eggs in my refrigerator, but I probably would have added at least one more egg. If I had wanted to take more time, I would have chopped up and sautéed an onion to add to the pork and rice. I’ve also made a similar dish with leftover Kuban Roast Pork from Kuba Kuba (ahhh…pork and rice and black beans).

No comments: