Saturday, September 03, 2011

Julep's

A few weeks ago we had dinner at Julep's and then strolled over to 17th street to be amazed by the purple martins roosting.

Julep's

We ate at the bar and Bobby whipped up a cocktail consisting of rye, lemon juice, tawny port, and egg white. The guy is amazing. Tell him what you like and he invents something on the spot.

Cocktail and Menu

We enjoyed a cheese plate. All of the cheeses were made in Virginia and featured a wide variety of tastes. Julep's also features their own pimento cheese and sour cream crackers. Very enjoyable.

Cheese Plate

Hubby also tried the chilled cantaloupe soup. I'm not a melon fan, but I can see why he liked it. Very fresh and chilled. Perfect for a hot day.

Cantaloupe Soup

We chose a Desert Wind Ruah Red Blend from Washington State to have with dinner. Very decent.

Ruah

For entrees hubby ordered Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Pimento Cheese Crust served over Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus. An extravagant and tasty dish.


Pimento-encrusted Tenderloin

I had Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Bacon Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Summer Squash with a Lemondae Jus. I love duck breast. I love bacon. I love mashed potatoes. I was so much in love that I enjoyed eating my yellow squash (which I'm usually not a fan of). This was a great dish.


Duck Breast

We splurged and also had dessert: Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Tarte and Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream.


Pecan Pie

Fruit Crumble

A large dinner with an extra-large dose of deliciousness. The staff were delightful as well.


And the purple martins were awesome!

Purple Martins Roosting 2

1 comment:

kumar said...

It is very good to see . It contains more information what i need .It contains famous words . Hats off to your site and post . . I like this site very much . . So thank you very much.

Regards

love quotes