Thursday, May 21, 2009

10 Things I Learned in London


My hubby and I travelled to London and had a massive time. While tootling around I learned a few things:


1. Otard cognac is heavenly.



2. The churches charge admission and the museums are free.



3. Kent makes a sparking wine that is decent to imbibe.



4. I was able to cross the street without getting run over.



5. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a train in any Tube station.



6. The color of mushy peas is neon green.



7. A rocket salad is really an arugula salad (and quite tasty!).



8. French restaurants around the theatre district have questionable food, but delicious wine and spirits.



9. Almost all of the pubs feature the same food menu.



10. The Victoria and Albert Museum sports the grandest-looking cafeteria I have ever seen.



More to come...

3 comments:

Paul Hammond said...

In your opinion,

Do museums seem more like churches or do churches seem like museums?

pjpink said...

Hi Paul - St. Paul's seemed more like a church, well, really more like a cathedral, but still churchy. Westminster Abbey was more like a museum. And I haven't been to any museums that felt church-like to me (but growing up in the Bible belt gives one a particular take on what feels like a church).

Eiffel Tartan said...

I can't wait to find out how the rest of your trip was!