Sunday, April 26, 2009

Krispy Kreme and Herbs Galore


Before embarking to Maymont for Herbs Galore we breakfasted (or sugared up) at the sign of the double K. I love this place! Watching the doughy blobs converyer belt their way through proofing, rising, frying, and glazing continues to fascinate my wee brain. And then the hot fried goodness encased in way too sweet icing is killer (sadly, in more ways than one). My hubby also likes the apple-cinamon filled confections. Somehow given a choice between a hot or cold doughnut, I will choose the hot one every time. Yummy, yummy!








And then we picked up a few herbs at Maymont including a flight of thyme - orange blosson, lime, and lemon -




barbeque rosemary -



purple ruffled basil -



Valentino basil -

2 comments:

Netts Nook said...

Thanks for making me hungry Iuse to Krispy Kreme ever day until they closed. Lucky you.

chow and chatter said...

great looking herbs, you wil be able to do some fab cooking