Saturday, March 31, 2007

Relishing Lunch

I drove down to La Diff today. Lovely weather for a convertible, by the way. As I walked around the block, I spotted Relish. I had heard about this Bottom lunch spot, but had not really investigated where it was located, etc. Serendipity can be a good thing. Relish boasted a hot bar (Italian on this day), salad bar, composed salads, sandwiches, paninis, wraps, and other delectables. I had a hankering for the Tarragon Chicken Salad sandwich: chunks of white meat chicken, light on the mayo with good tarragon flavor, slivers of almonds, diced red onion and celery, served on toasted whole grain bread. I did find one stray grape. I ordered and paid at the counter and my meal was delivered to my table. The ample sandwich came with chips, shredded carrots, and a pickle. To drink I had iced green tea sweetened with apple juice. Rather unusual, but very refreshing. Tables and chairs were set up outside for one’s dining pleasure. Since it was noon on a Saturday, the place was deserted.

Relish is located at 101 S. 15th Street and is open Monday – Saturday from 11 AM – 8 PM. Take out is also available.

No comments: